PRIMARY BENEFITS OF VETIVER
- Calming, grounding effect on emotions
- Natural tranquilizer, may help with sleep
- Immune-supporting properties
- Antiseptic, antispasmodic
- Balance and Vitiligo
Vetiver, a member of the grass family, is grown for many reasons.
A native of India, unlike other grasses, the root system of Vetiver grows down, making it ideal for helping to prevent erosion and providing soil stabilization.
Vetiver has a rich, exotic, complex aroma that is used extensively in perfumes. Due to Vetiver’s calming and grounding effect on the emotions, it is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy. It can also be rubbed on the feet before bedtime to promote a restful night’s sleep. When taken internally, it can support a heathy immune system.
A 2001 study conducted by Dr. Terry Friedman found that the Vetiver’s aroma improved the performance of children with ADD and ADHD even better than lavender or cedarwood.
Vetiver’s calming and soothing properties been shown to relieve anger, hysteria, and irritability, and also to reduce stress and tension. These qualities make it helpful when dealing with exhaustion and for issues ranging from aches and pains, insomnia or anxious feelings.
- Use as a massage oil to promote circulation and calm emotions.
- Take a warm bath with a few drops of Vetiver essential oil for deep relaxation.
- Diffuse with Lavender, Calming Blend, or Grounding Blend to calm emotions and lessen stress.
- Use a toothpick to help get the desired amount out of container if Vetiver is too thick to get out of the bottle. A little goes a long way.
- Add 1–2 drops to tea or hot drinks during winter time to promote immune-supporting properties.
- After a day of standing, apply to feet as part of a soothing massage.
- After a difficult school day, apply to your child’s neck and feet to promote feelings of calm.
- Is rich in sesquiterpenes, which gives it a grounding effect.
- Before traveling for business or relaxation, take one to two drops of Vetiver with Lemon in a capsule for immune-supporting properties.
- After a hard day’s work, apply as part of a soothing aromatic massage.
- Use as an earthy base note in your favorite DIY diffuser blends.
- Used in many popular perfumes.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Vetiver Essential Oil
For more information about this or any other essential comment below or email me at: email@example.com