- Has a therapeutic, calming effect on the skin, mind, and body
- Soothes the systems of the body
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response
- Insomnia, restless legs
- Bruises and cuts
The most versatile of the chamomiles, Roman Chamomile, is extracted from the small, white, daisy-like flower of the roman chamomile plant. The plants grow close to the ground, reaching only up to a foot in height. It has gray-green leaves, flowers that resemble a daisy, and smells like apple.
The plant has been nicknamed the “plant’s physician,” because it has positive effects on plants growing nearby. Ancient Romans used the oil for mental clarity and courage during war. While the most common use of chamomile is in teas, Roman Chamomile can also be found in face creams, drinks, hair dyes, shampoos, and perfumes. Roman Chamomile has a therapeutic, calming effect on the skin, mind, and body. It soothes body systems and promotes a healthy inflammatory response.
- Add 1–2 drops to your favorite moisturizer, shampoo, or conditioner to promote youthful looking skin and hair.
- Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas or hot drinks to soothe the body and mind.
- Diffuse or apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
- Diffuse to help promote relaxation.
- Apply to temples and back of neck to help decrease stress.
- Apply on occasionally irritated skin with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Directions for use:
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Application: Aromatic, Tropical, Internal, Neat
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Floral, sweet, herbaceous
Main Chemical Components: Isobutyl angelate, isoamyl angelate
Plant Part: Flower
Blends With: Lavender, rose, geranium and clary sage
Body System(s): Emotional Balance, Nervous, Skin
These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any these products.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
For more information on this or any other essential oil please leave a comment below or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org