Primary Benefits Myrrh Essential Oil
- Powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat
- Soothing to the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
- Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Antifungal
- Strengthens and activates the immune system
Ancient records show that Myrrh was deemed so valuable that at times it was valued at its weight in gold. Myrrh essential oil is derived from the gummy resin of the small, thorny Myrrh tree and has been used for centuries for its internal and external health benefits.
It has also been used as an incense and as a holy oil in religious ceremonies for over 5000 years. In fact, myrrh was mentioned in Ebers Papyrus, one of the oldest Egyptian medical texts, dating back to 1550 BC.
Myrrh has been used throughout history as a perfume, incense, and health aid. It was also employed in embalming and religious ceremonies. Native to Egypt, the oil obtained from it was also used for healings wounds in ancient Greece by the Greek soldiers during battle.
Myrrh has powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat. It is also soothing to the skin—promoting a smooth, youthful-looking complexion—and promotes emotional balance and well-being. One of Myrrh oil’s renowned uses is it slows down the signs of aging and soothes cracked or chapped skin. It is commonly added to skin care products for this reason.
- Add 1–2 drops to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits and also to promote oral health.
- Diffuse to help promote awareness and uplift your mood.
- Add to your lotion/moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Add one to two drops to one-fourth cup of water with a little agave or honey to help ease the stomach.
- Put one drop in two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
- Add one drop to your daily moisturizer to help promote youthful-looking skin.
- Diffuse when tension levels are high.
- Also diffuse during the holidays to maintain peaceful feelings throughout your home.
Directions for Use
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. It should be avoided by pregnant women since it stimulates the uterus and could result in miscarriage.
These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any of these products.
For more information on this or any other essential oil please leave a comment below or email me at: email@example.com