PRIMARY BENEFITS OF MELISSA ESSENTIAL OIL
- May help to support a healthy immune system
- Calms tension and nerves
- Promotes feelings of relaxation
- Antidepressant, Antibacterial and Antispasmodic
Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citruslike fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”).
As one of the rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa has a wide range of health benefits and uses. Melissa is used as a flavor in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes.
Because of its positive effect on mood, Melissa has long been used to calm feelings of tension and nervousness. Diffusing Melissa at night initiates a restful sleep environment and promotes emotional well-being. Melissa helps boost immunity and is especially beneficial when seasonal threats are high.
Used in ancient history for nervous disorders and ailments of the heart or emotions. It was also used to promote fertility. Carmelite monks used Melissa as the main ingredient in their Carmelite water since 1611.
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to help lessen feelings of stress and promote emotional well-being.
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep.
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh the mind.
- May help to support a healthy immune system.
- Calms feelings of tension and nerves.
- Place one to two drops under the tongue or on roof of mouth.
- Blends well with the protective blend to boost its benefits.
- Promotes feelings of relaxation.
- Promotes emotional health.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any of these products.
Melissa Essential Oil
For more information on this or any other essential oil please leave a comment below or email me at: email@example.com