Primary Benefits of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Supports healthy digestion when taken in a capsule
- Combine with a carrier oil for soothing massage
- Apply diluted after a long run for a refreshing feeling
- Naturally repels insects
- Analgesic, Antibacterial, Anti-Inflammatory, Antiseptic
A tall, perennial plant, Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavor and is used in Asian cuisine in soups, teas, and curries as well as with fish, poultry, beef, and seafood. In addition to its unique flavor, Lemongrass essential oil promotes healthy digestion and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems.
It’s also purifying and toning to the skin, and is frequently used in skin care products for these benefits. Lemongrass can soothe sore muscles and joints, making it an ideal oil to use in massage therapy or applied directly to problem areas.
Historically, Lemongrass has been used for fevers and infectious diseases, as an insecticide and as a sedative to the central nervous system.
It may also help with circulation, edema and fluid retention and kidney disorders. Also, as a tonic it boosts several of the body systems such as respiratory, digestive, nervous and excretory systems and facilitates absorption of nutrients into the body, thus strengthening and boosting the immune system.
Furthermore if you have insomnia, try Lemongrass. Being a sedative it has a calming and soothing effect to the nervous system. One of the most important medicinal properties of Lemongrass.
Being a diuretic it increases the frequency and amount of urination. This is important as it helps remove toxins and excess water from the body, helping lower blood pressure as an added benefit.
Lemongrass has a pungent, herbaceous aroma that can heighten awareness and promote a positive outlook.
- Combine equal parts Fractionated Coconut Oil and Lemongrass oil for a massage after a hard workout.
- Use to flavor entrées and meat dishes while promoting healthy digestion.
- Dilute oil, then rub or spritz on skin before going outside.
- Lemongrass essential oil naturally repels insects.
- Apply after a long run for a refreshing feeling.
- Add to your DIY cleanser to tone and purify skin.
- Combine with Melaleuca and apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
- Diffuse for a refreshing scent.
- Combine with Peppermint in a capsule to support healthy gastrointestinal function and maintain healthy digestion.
Directions for Use
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Not for children until 6 years of age, use with caution and in greater dilution for children 6 years old and over.
Blends With: Basil, Cardamom, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender, Melaleuca, Rosemary and Spearmint
Body System(s) Affected: Immune System, Muscles and Bones
These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any of these products.
Fennel Essential Oil
For more information on this or any other essential oil please leave a comment below or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org