PRIMARY BENEEFITS OF FRANKINCENSE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Supports healthy cellular function
- Promotes feelings of relaxation
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary internal and external health benefits.
In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin.
This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. As the king of oils, Frankincense is known to promote cellular health and immunity and can be consumed daily for these internal benefits.
It also promotes a healthy inflammatory response and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems, helping them function optimally. When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense induces feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening for a warming and soothing effect.
- Can help promote youthful, radiant–looking skin and slow the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.
- Diffuse during your yoga practice to focus your intention for the day.
- Add to moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and to rejuvenate the skin.
- When traveling somewhere dry, apply Frankincense to maintain healthy looking fingernails.
- After a day of outdoor activity, massage frankincense into hands and feet for a warming and soothing effect.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal Use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical Use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Application: Aromatic, Tropical, Internal, Neat
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Warm, spicy, clean
Main Chemical Components: Alpha pinene
Plant Part: Resin from Boswellia carterii, frereana, and sacra
Blends: All oils
Body System(s) Affected: Emotional Balance, Immune and Nervous Systems, Skin
Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any of these products.
Frankincense Essential Oil