Primary Benefits of Fennel Essential Oil
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Supports a healthy respiratory system
- May help promote healthy metabolism, liver function, and circulation
- Antiseptic, antispasmodic and expectorant
- Helps remove excess water, sodium, uric acid, bile salts and other toxic elements from the body
- Provides relief from menstrual discomfort
Fennel has a distinct aroma and sweet taste that’s similar to a blend of licorice and honey. The internal benefits of Fennel are also noteworthy. In addition it’s known for its ability to promote healthy digestion, curb hunger cravings, and tame a ravenous sweet tooth.
Fennel is also used frequently to promote healthy metabolism, circulation, liver function, and a healthy digestive tract. Taken internally, it can also play an important role in supporting a healthy respiratory system.
The plant can grow up to six feet high and has feathery, delicate leaves. Scientifically named Foeniculum Vulgare, the essential oil is acquired through the steam distillation of the crushed fennel seeds.
History of Fennel
Historically, the use of Fennel dates back to ancient times when Roman soldiers were said to have consumed Fennel to prepare to fight at optimum capacity during battle. And it was also used to bestow strength and courage to soldiers.
Even today, thousands of years later, it is still relied upon to ground the emotions and restore a sense of personal strength and confidence. Furthermore, for those feeling disconnected from their personal power, whether that be because of low self-esteem or a lack of motivation, Fennel can also be used to counteract those feelings and restore positive emotions of optimism, strength, and self-awareness.
It is also known to calm an upset stomach and is a key ingredient in the Digestive Blend—and it tastes good, too. The seeds have been used in cooking applications for centuries to add a burst of good-for-you flavor to various dishes and desserts. For a new twist on an old classic, try adding it to brownies or another favorite dessert.
It is also great for fighting off sweet tooth cravings that can be difficult to resist. To do this, simply place a drop under your tongue or add a few drops to your water or tea.
If you want to experience increased power in your mental and dietary lifestyle, bring Fennel into your life today!
- Rub Fennel on your stomach or on the bottom of your feet to help ease menstrual or digestive discomfort.
- Put a drop of Fennel under your tongue to help fight sweet tooth cravings.
- Add to desserts for an additional depth of flavor.
- Add 1–2 drops in a glass of warm water or tea to help settle digestive upset.
- Take internally to support healthy respiratory function.
- Also may help to support the health of the lungs and respiratory tract.
- Use with fractionated coconut oil for a soothing abdominal massage.
- Diffuse in your home or office to encourage a productive day.
- Apply to skin for a calming, soothing effect.
Directions for Use
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Pregnant women and women with breast cancer should not use Fennel.
These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any of these products.
Fennel Essential Oil
For more information on this or any other essential oil please leave a comment below or email me at: email@example.com