PRIMARY BENEFITS OF CLARY SAGE
- Antidepressant, antiseptic, astringent
- Promotes healthy-looking hair and scalp
- Promotes a restful night’s sleep
- Calming and soothing to the skin
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Believed to be a native species to Europe, Clary Sage is known for its ability to ease monthly menstrual cycles and help balance hormones.
The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils.
In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was nicknamed “clear eyes” for its positive effects on the eyes, and it was frequently used for female discomfort, as a throat gargle, and for soothing minor skin irritations. Inhaling Clary Sage can soothe nervous tension, lighten mood, and create a sense of euphoria.
- For menstrual discomfort, rub three to five drops on the abdomen.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
- Apply to feet or pulse points to help balance hormones.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with Fractionated Coconut Oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
- Apply one to two drops to the bottom of feet or pulse points.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Application: Aromatic, Tropical, Internal, Neat
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Woody, herbal, coniferous
Main Chemical Components: Linalyl acetate
Plant Part: Flower
Body System Affected: Hormonal System
Blends With: Lemon, Lime, Orange, Lavender, Pine, Juniper, Geranium, Sandal Wood, Jasmine and Frankincense
Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any of these products.
Clary Sage Essential Oil